Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Priest discovers he isn't Jesus

According to the Daily Record and the Religion News Blog, as well as the New Zealand Herald (sorry, I couldn't find a link), a priest in Gabon tried to imitate Jesus's purported feat of walking on water...and promptly drowned. Said a source at the scene:

"He took his congregation to the beach saying he would walk across the Komo estuary, which takes 20 minutes by boat.

"He walked into the water, which soon passed over his head and he never came back."

At what point do you think he would have realised he didn't really have the power to walk on water? I'm no religious expert, nor am I a scientist, but I would have personally given up when the water reached my neck, because really, I'm not technically walking anymore, so much as fighting to save my life. And why would you walk on water before learning to swim? You know how the old saying goes, you must learn the crawl before you walk...on water. I'm done with the puns - a man died here. But on the bright side, he's a shoo-in for the Darwin Award.

In a completely unrelated sidenote, I'm going to see Snakes on a Plane today. It's mutha****ing snakes on a mutha****ing plane!


2 comments:

Veiled Enigma said...

HEY....PLEASE..PLEASE DO NOT GO FOR SNAKES ON A PLANE....PLEASE...IF U VALUE YOUR SANITY....DO NOT GO FOR IT....

Bhavesh said...

Actually, it was pretty good. For all the jokes about the title, they ended up making a pretty entertaining action/horror flick. Even Karl, Mel and Muki liked it, so I wasn't the only one :-P