Friday, June 09, 2006

3 and a half hours left...

4 years of waiting are almost at an end, and it's around about this time that the seconds just refuse to pass. This is going to be the longest 3 and a half hours of my life, so I plead to FIFA - just start the damn thing already! In the meantime, I'll leave you with a few of my (ill-fated) predictions for the tournament:

Golden Boot: Milan Baros (CZE)

Golden Ball: the man himself - Jerko Leko (CRO)

Most disappointing big gun: England/Italy (then again, considering their recent record, what constitutes a disappointment?)

Most surprising team: Ivory Coast

Best fans: Trinidad and Tobago

Germany shall be eliminated in: the quarter-final

Dream final: Brazil vs. Argentina

I'll be supporting: Brazil

Eventual winner: Argentina (figures)

Who are your picks? Leave a comment and let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

England will win...Rooney is back.

Golden BOOT: Michael Owen

Golden Ball: Steven Gerrard

Most disappointing team: Italy

Dark Horse: Ghana