Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Superheroes

So apparently this is the first Indian superhero Looks more like Conan the Barbarian's wussy younger brother to me. Anyhow, the whole 'first Indian superhero' thing is a blatant lie, because as we all know, Superman (or 'Bunty' to those who know him well) was the first desi who inspired others to jump off buildings. Here's why Superman was Indian:

1. Parents sent him abroad - Indian!
2. Wears a chaddi - Indian!
3. Hair always neatly combed - Indian!
4. Could have had any alter-ego he wanted, but chose a desk job - Indian!

Regardless of Superman's citizenship, I'm sure the Holy Trinity of Indian Superheroes would be mightily displeased at being overlooked by the media. Rajnikant (the fearless leader), Mithun ( the badass rebel) and Dr. Rajkumar (hey, the group needs a comic sidekick - remember Batman and Robin?) have been fighting crime and bad writing for longer than certain three-thumbed superheroes have been alive, and this is the thanks they get? Shameful.


Cross-posted on Namita's blog.

4 comments:

*Nami* said...

How can you say Krrish is the first Indian superhero??? Don't you remember SHAKTIMAAN!!

Bhavesh said...

Shaktimaan came after this guy :-P

Anonymous said...

Ahahahahaha!

I wish this were longer - I'm totally tempted to incorporate it into an article somehow...

Heck, I wish all your posts were longer! :P

Check out your reprints in the MediaBlvd Magazine (http://mediablvd.com/magazine/) - more will be posted in the next week or so. Thanks for letting me troll your blog - it's excellent reading on all fronts.

-Ami

Bhavesh said...

Awesome lol. Thanks for printing them in MediaBlvd - it's a big ego boost and an incentive to keep writing :-D. I wish I could make some of my posts longer too, but I have a really short attention span and run out of ideas around the halfway mark in most of my posts :-D.

Thanks again for the ego boost. Cue the God complex in the rest of my posts :-D