Saturday, June 10, 2006

Who wants $25m?

Am I eligible? Here's an idea - if an agency doesn't want $25m, can they invest some of it into their health and/or welfare system? Obviously, a far greater investment will be required to get America's social security up to scratch. Looking at their social welfare structure, I thank my lucky stars that I (currently) live in New Zealand. Even though I'm not a citizen, I know that, should I fall upon hard times, the state will look after me for as long as it takes to get back on my feet. If I get injured, I'm automatically covered by the government for essential medical care. It's the sort of social welfare you'd expect from the so-called 'Greatest Country on Earth', isn't it?

That said, the nightlife here sucks. But hey, we all have to make sacrifices, right?

No comments: