Saturday, June 10, 2006

Random thought

While I was watching the match between Germany and Costa Rica, the commentator mentioned that players were complaining about the official match ball. Apparently it swerves too much in the air. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what they said about the Fevernova during the last World Cup? If the ball really is causing problems for players, FIFA should perhaps rethink their strategy and make the ball mandatory for all international matches one year prior to the big event. Teams can then adapt to the ball and minimise mistakes, especially those by goalkeepers. What do you think? Should FIFA allow teams more time to adapt to the ball? Should things stay the way they are? Am I just trying to pass time between matches by raising irrelevant points? Leave a comment and let me know.

No comments: